Amidst all the hustle and bustle of every day life in Belize there is something happening and most of the people aren’t really paying attention. Our Belizean Citizenship is being marketed away to anyone that promises to gain votes for the upcoming elections. We all know that this is a normal thing in Belize, but this is honestly the first time that I have seen it done this way, so blatantly open and in your face; defiant of the laws and constitution of the country. It’s like they know something that we don’t that is allowing them to do as they please with no regard to repercussions.
Ministers outright telling the media that they are paying half of the costs of Citizenship for these people and putting the excuse that it’s because they have been waiting for a long time to get it. My question is this (since we know the real reason for the assistance) where is all that money coming from? Is this all part of those grants and loans that have been so lightly flying around? You know, the people’s money.
The Votes 4 Citizenship Program is in full swing…
- Immigration Department working to wee hours in the morning to keep up with the rush.
- Blatant and outright disrespect for our sovereignty by current Govt officials or hopefuls.
- Candidates found working on Immigration computers
Immigrant“They promised us our nationality to vote for them, but they don’t show themselves so we could converse with them or talk to them, and that’s a big problem because if they want us to vote for them we need to speak with them.”
“We only need to pay $25 for our police record. That’s all.”
“Are you going to get your police record in one day?”
“We get in a short while. 20 minute to half an hour the most.”
Excerpt from this article
These pictures were taken at the house of Herman Longsworth and just outside the street – all at Amara Avenue – Queen Square . Thanks to Audrey Matura-Shepherd for sharing.
These were taken in the wee hours at the Immigration office Thanks to Eloy Waight for sharing. Here is his outline:
It’s now 11:00 pm and the immigration office in Belmopan is processing Nationality Papers with Hon. Elvin Penner & Hon. Rosado- Corozal South West Representative with Director of Immigration in the house, the UDP’s came out the office and said they will win the next election be it cook or by crook, how much can we Belizean take before we stand up against the prostitution of our birth given right as Belizean.
- More New Citizens Sworn In – Just In Time For Elections (fiwebelize.com)
- Belize Immigration Director Addresses Allegations (fiwebelize.com)
- Belize, who will you vote for this election? (fiwebelize.com)
- What is your citizenship worth? – by: Aria Lightfoot (twocanview.wordpress.com)
- Hon. Penner Says He’s Paying Half For 100 New Citizens (fiwebelize.com)
- New citizens swear oath (fiwebelize.com)
- Corruption is as Corruption does – By: Aria Lightfoot (twocanview.com)
- Mass registration in Ladyville (fiwebelize.com)
- Director Of Immigration Says It’s All above Board (fiwebelize.com)
- Fraudulent addresses for new Belizean Citizens? (fiwebelize.com)