‘The War on Democracy‘ is John Pilger’s first major film for the cinema – in a career that has produced more than 55 television documentaries. Set in Latin America and the US, it explores the historic and current relationship of Washington with countries such as Venezuela, Bolivia and Chile.
“The film tells a universal story,” says Pilger, “analyzing and revealing, through vivid testimony, the story of great power behind its venerable myths. It allows us to understand the true nature of the so-called war on terror”.
- The War on Democracy by John Pilger (southweb.org)
- The War On Democracy: US vs Latin America (tipggita32.wordpress.com)
- The War You Don’t See – John Pilger: “We Journalists… Have to Be Brave Enough to Defy Those Who Seek our Collusion in Selling Their Latest Bloody Adventure in Someone Else’s Country” (undergrounddocumentaries.com)
- Mark Twain on War & Democracy (bearishnews.com)
- Documentary Review – John Pilger Talks About Media and War (fakihahassanrizvi.wordpress.com)
- John Pilger Breaking the Silence Truth and Lies in the War on Terror (lissakr11humanelife.wordpress.com)
- Multimedia :: John Pilger – The Quiet Mutiny documentary (1970) (911forum.org.uk)
- The Art of Social Engineering | The Art of Social Genocide (insomniadiary.wordpress.com)