Author John Perkins spoke at Marlboro College on 4/23/08. Drawing on experiences described in his two New York Times bestsellers, Perkins describes the post-WWII era as one that created history’s first truly global empire — mostly through economics, rather than the military. Now we find ourselves catapulted toward a future that appears catastrophic to many people; however, in Perkins’s view it offers great opportunities. Identifying corporations as “the most influential institutions on the planet,” he challenges us to transform ourselves and the companies that so deeply impact our lives. He presents a plan for creating a world “that will make our children proud of us.”
John Perkins spent three decades as an Economic Hit Man, business executive, author, and lecturer. He lived and worked in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and North America. Then he made a decision: he would use these experiences to make the planet a better place for his daughters generation. Today he teaches about the importance of rising to higher levels of consciousness, to waking up — in both spiritual and physical realms — and is a champion for environmental and social causes.
- LETTER: Concerned about future of our country (tauntongazette.com)
- Politics & NWO – Re: Oliver Stone explains ‘the untold history of America’ (disclose.tv)
- Sandy and Shapeshifting: A Talk with John Perkins (realitysandwich.com)
- With permission from John Perkins (2much2do4now.typepad.com)
- Federal investigators lying through their teeth in the Petraeus probe (sgtreport.com)
- Economic Hitmen and the American Empire with John Perkins (disclose.tv)