The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious and is the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist.
– Winston Churchill, Nov. 21, 1943
Since 9/11, and seemingly without the notice of most Americans, the federal government has assumed the authority to institute martial law, arrest a wide swath of dissidents (citizen and noncitizen alike), and detain people without legal or constitutional recourse in the event of “an emergency influx of immigrants in the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs.”
Beginning in 1999, the government has entered into a series of single-bid contracts with Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR) to build detention camps at undisclosed locations within the United States. The government has also contracted with several companies to build thousands of railcars, some reportedly equipped with shackles, ostensibly to transport detainees.
According to diplomat and author Peter Dale Scott, the KBR contract is part of a Homeland Security plan titled ENDGAME, which sets as its goal the removal of “all removable aliens” and “potential terrorists.”
Sect. 1042 of the 2007 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), “Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies,” gives the executive the power to invoke martial law. For the first time in more than a century, the president is now authorized to use the military in response to “a natural disaster, a disease outbreak, a terrorist attack or any other condition in which the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to the extent that state officials cannot maintain public order.”
The Military Commissions Act of 2006, rammed through Congress just before the 2006 midterm elections, allows for the indefinite imprisonment of anyone who donates money to a charity that turns up on a list of “terrorist” organizations, or who speaks out against the government’s policies. The law calls for secret trials for citizens and noncitizens alike.
Also in 2007, the White House quietly issued National Security Presidential Directive 51 (NSPD-51), to ensure “continuity of government” in the event of what the document vaguely calls a “catastrophic emergency.” Should the president determine that such an emergency has occurred, he and he alone is empowered to do whatever he deems necessary to ensure “continuity of government.” This could include everything from canceling elections to suspending the Constitution to launching a nuclear attack. Congress has yet to hold a single hearing on NSPD-51.
What could the government be contemplating that leads it to make contingency plans to detain without recourse millions of its own citizens?
The Constitution does not allow the executive to have unchecked power under any circumstances. The people must not allow the president to use the war on terrorism to rule by fear instead of by law.
- Existence of Military Detention Centers Signals America’s Descent Into Martial Law (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Halliburton’s KBR “Project Overview and Anticipated Project Requirements” (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Federal court prohibits KBR and Halliburton from hiding behind government and allows access to evidence (prweb.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Existence of Military Detention Centers Signals America’s Descent Into Martial Law (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Exclusive : Government Activating FEMA Camps Across U.S. – INFOWARS.COM – Kurt Nimmo & Alex Jones (infowebstorm.com)
- Upon Release of Martial Law Documents, The Plan For America’s Destruction Becomes Apparent (musicians4freedom.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Big Sis Orders ICE To Prepare For Mass Influx of Immigrants (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The ‘Higher Law Background’ of the U.S. Constitution (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Halliburton Loopholes: Solving Challenges with Crony Capitalism (corporategreedchronicles.com)
- Law enforcement officials can now secretly install GPS tracking on your vehicle and spy on you without a warrant, says judge (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- US, UK back democracy, rule of law (nation.com.pk)