Imer Hernandez Awarded Airstrip Contract


posted on 7News (June 4, 2013)

Two weeks after the scandal in Orange Walk broke where Imer Hernandez was supposedly paid just under $200,000 for works which he did not do on the San Antonio Road, he is back in the news tonight.

That’s after 7News confirmed that he was awarded the 6 million dollar contract to upgrade the Belize City Municipal Airstrip.

Viewers may remember that in December 2012, the Ministry of Works opened up bids to the public. Well, after a competitive bidding process, Hernandez was awarded the contract.

And if you’re wondering if that scandal has shaken the faith of the authorities in charge of the airstrip, we were too. We contacted, the General Manager of the Belize Airports Authority, Kenworth Tillett, who told us that from his information, Hernandez presented the best deal to the vetting committee.

Tillett says that he has been informed that Hernandez has gone above and beyond in trying to acquire this contract.

And in relation to those null contracts for San Antonio works in Orange Walk, they are once again picking up steam. It happened today when a mass email was sent out to more than 100 contacts which discloses copies of those receipts we had last week, and a picture which purports to reveal Imer Hernandez’s identity.

Enhanced by Zemanta

About FiWeBelize

FiWeBelize is dedicated to providing quality information to our visitors. We aim to provide an open forum where people can have a voice without censorship while maintaining respect for the opinions of others. Find us on Google

Share your thoughts ...

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.