I have looked at the two sides of the issue when it pertains to Belize and the ICJ, and I am convinced that the risk of loosing any part of our territory is too much to take.
We have already gone through the difficult process of obtaining our Independence with our territory defined.
This was unanimously agreed to by the vast majority of nations of the world. We cannot ignore this great achievement by our forefathers.
Let the United Nations seek an opinion from the ICJ on our behalf, but not a judgement.
A strong stand on behalf of the people of Belize. One must always put their nation and people first, it is an oath that each and every Belizean MUST put into action
I, do swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Belize and will uphold the Constitution and the Law of Belize and that I will faithfully and conscientiously contribute to the development of Belize and discharge my duties and responsibilities as a Belizean citizen. I will further respect the history and culture of Belize and refrain from any anti-social or criminal activities and devote myself to the service and well-being of the Belizean people. I pledge that I will do everything in my power to promote and strengthen democracy and the rule of law in Belize and will do everything to promote the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Belize. So Help Me God.
- Belizeans and the ICJ Concern (fiwebelize.com)
- Commentary: The ICJ and the Belize-Guatemala issue: A den of strategy and deceit (cayobuay.wordpress.com)
- On Belize vs Guatemala at ICJ (cayobuay.wordpress.com)
- The Icj and Guatemala’s Claim to Belize: a Case of Self Interest Over Sovereignty? (fiwebelize.com)
- On discussing part of our path to the ICJ (cayobuay.wordpress.com)
- Belize/Guatemala territorial dispute heads to World Court (antiguaobserver.com)
- The Guatemalan Claim is being legitimized with the help of Belize by: Aria Lightfoot (twocanview.com)